This week’s Challenge is set by @itsnotyourbirthdaybut,champions of the lost art of letter writing who connect people through letters, words and visual arts. They work in community settings such as #schools, #prisons, #carehomes, #hospices and #hospitals to encourage people to explore their own creativity, challenge assumptions that may be made about them and to share what’s important or helpful to them. Why wait for a #birthday to let someone know what they mean to you? – Write or type a letter sharing an experience you’ve had.
– Address it to a ‘Friend’ (after all strangers are just friends we haven’t met yet!) and sign off as a ‘Friend’ or just using your first name. Do not include your surname or any personal or contact details in your letter.
– If you need help with buying a stamp, please let us know and they will post one to you.
– We’ll send your original letter to someone who needs it and will benefit from it as well as use it on our website and social media channels. We’ll work with community groups and #charities to ensure the letters reach the right people. By sending us your letter you are giving us permission to use and distribute it as outlined above.
– Post your letter to It’s Not Your Birthday But…, The Old Bank House, 26 Station Approach, Hinchley Wood, Surrey KT10 0SR during our campaign period, Monday 29th April to Sunday 5th May 2019. If you need longer to write your letter, that’s fine too. We welcome letters up to Friday 31st May 2019.
– Would you like to receive a letter? Read the full challenge on our dothinkshare.com site to find out how!
#INYBB #64MillionArtists #letter #lettering #letters #letterstoliveby #handletters #handdrawnletters #sendmoreletters #showmeyourletters #fortheloveofletters #strengthinletters #handwrittenletters #happybirthday #friend #friends #community #creativity