The Weekly Challenge, 29th April 2019 – It’s Not Your Birthday But…
*Please note that this challenge is slightly different to usual so please read carefully! Find the FULL Challenge here: http://dothinkshare.com/the-weekly-challenge/the-weekly-challenge-29th-april-2019-its-not-your-birthday-but/ *
This week’s Challenge is set by It’s Not Your Birthday But…,champions of the lost art of letter writing, who connect people through letters, words and visual arts. They work in community settings such as schools, prisons, care homes, hospices and hospitals to encourage people to explore their own creativity, challenge assumptions that may be made about them and to share what’s important or helpful to them.
Write a letter sharing an experience you’ve had and offering advice to someone who may be going through something similar. We sometimes forget how amazing, inspiring and resilient human beings can be when facing difficult situations in life, from bereavement to moving to a new area, being a new parent or carer to suffering from anxiety or living with an illness.
Here is exactly what to do:
– Write or type a letter sharing an experience you’ve had.
– Address it to a ‘Friend’ (after all strangers are just friends we haven’t met yet!) and sign off as a ‘Friend’ or just using your first name. Do not include your surname or any personal or contact details in your letter.
– If you need help with buying a stamp, please let us know and they will post one to you.
– We’ll send your original letter to someone who needs it and will benefit from it as well as use it on our website and social media channels. We’ll work with community groups and charities to ensure the letters reach the right people. By sending us your letter you are giving us permission to use and distribute it as outlined above and in any way we feel will benefit others.
– Post your letter to
It’s Not Your Birthday But…,
The Old Bank House,
26 Station Approach,
Surrey KT10 0SR
We welcome letters up to Friday 31st May 2019.
– Would you like to receive a letter? Fill in this short form and detail what you would like to receive a letter about, and your address: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Yt2TvR4vWCApqehK7HIG-s5bE-5SJYIH3SMERhCWCeA
We hope you enjoy this Challenge – it’s a great opportunity to make real positive impact in the lives of others. Thanks for setting such an interesting Challenge, INYBB!
Share using #INYBB #64MillionArtists